Thank you for agreeing to be a volunteer for your team and
for the Western PA Odyssey of the Mind program!
Through the generosity of time and talent, our volunteers help make our competitions run smoothly - and they make it a fun atmosphere! We hope you’ll find volunteering to be a satisfying and uplifting experience.
As a volunteer either for our Regional Competition or our Spontaneous Fun Day, you are fulfilling your team's requirement. It is important that you arrive on time and fulfill your duties.
Top 10 things Volunteers should know
1. Teams are required to provide a volunteer to help during the Regional Competition and a volunteer to help during Spontaneous Fun Day (if they participate.)
2. Teams who do not provide a volunteer or whose volunteer doesn't show up, risk getting a penalty. Please keep your commitment.
3. Registration of a volunteer is usually done by the coach - not the volunteer.
4. The Competition Volunteer Schedule can not be completed until the team Schedule is set. Therefor, the Volunteer Schedule will not be available until the week of the competition.
5. When the Competition Volunteer Schedule is ready, it will be emailed to volunteers and the link on this page will be live.
6. Fun Day Volunteers will be asked to help the full day for Spontaneous Fun Day. Regional Competition volunteers will be asked to work a 2-3 hour shift the day of the Competition. It does not need to be the same volunteer at each event.
7. At Regionals, volunteers can be found selling raffle tickets, selling merchandise, directing traffic, giving directions, and more.
8. Volunteers are NOT required for the State Competition.
9. Volunteers will NOT miss their team's long term performance!
10. Being a volunteer makes you a fun & helpful face of Odyssey!
THANK YOU! for your time and efforts.
It is only through the dedication and support of volunteers like you that we
are able to provide such a high quality program for our students.